- Finance & Operations
- Washington, DC, USA
- $40,000 - $45,000
- Full Time
SEPA provides employees a competitive benefits package including fully paid individual health and dental insurance, short and long term disability coverage, life insurance, up to 24 days of paid time off per year with an annual paid holiday break, and paid government holidays. Travel benefits and health club memberships are available to eligible employees. Employees are eligible to contribute to a designated retirement account with an employer matching program.
The Smart Electric Power Alliance (SEPA), formerly the Solar Electric Power Association, helps utilities and technology companies deploy and integrate solar, storage, demand response, and other related resources. The organization is at the forefront of changes happening in the energy industry, helping utilities make a smart transition to a clean energy future. Just as the role of new technologies is growing in the electric power sector, so is SEPA, both in influence and size. As the trusted platform for education, research, and collaboration, SEPA's neutrality is a key factor in the organization's success. We do not advocate or take positions on issues, nor do we drive trends or play favorites. Our philosophy focuses on bringing the expert stakeholders to the conversations to yield practical solutions. Our membership consists of 1,000 organizations, including utilities, technology providers, independent system operators, regulators, energy users, project developers, consultancies, and nonprofits, who look to us to provide the community, data, insight, and facilitation necessary to make the right decisions in the evolution of the utility business model and more engaging customer programs. The opportunity ahead for SEPA is to build upon and leverage our core strengths - the membership, the brand, and our staff expertise - to enable a greater positive impact on the electric power sector.
The Administrative Assistant is a highly organized and proactive individual who supports the day to day administrative needs of the Executive Team as well as projects and individuals throughout the organization. This critical position will manage members of the Executive team's day to day meeting and travel schedule, schedule meetings with internal and external parties, manage contacts, book travel, draft and proofread correspondence, process expense reimbursements, and perform other task as assigned. This is a highly visible position and therefore a high degree of professionalism must be maintained.
- Provides clerical, administrative, and substantive support to the Executive Team
- Manages all scheduling and other administrative matters regarding internal and external meetings. Includes tracking correspondence, handling time sensitive materials, operating conference and video call technologies, and taking notes.
- Researches and books travel arrangements for Executive Team, ensuring best options, discounts, and travel times are considered.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns, including those of a time sensitive nature. Determines the appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Uses Salesforce to capture key conversations and contacts made by the Executive Team.
- Ensures that registrations for conferences are made in a timely manner, taking advantage of discounts.
- Drafts professional correspondence.
- Supports special projects and assignments as needed throughout SEPA.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree and one year of administrative support experience, or 5 years professional administrative support experience
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Proficient in the Google Apps environment.
- Salesforce or other customer relationship management system experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail. You are deadline-focused and understand the need for a quality product delivered on time. Your impeccable work style sets the standard.
- Proactive and self-motivated. This is a key element of SEPA's culture and is critical to our success. You think ahead, anticipate challenges, and take things from start to finish. You have a keen ability to determine what is working and what is not, and you take action to lead in the right direction.
- Flexible. With major changes occurring both internally and in the industry at large, you are able to adjust to changing priorities and operate effectively in a fluid and fast-paced environment
- Collaborative work-style. With a wide range of stakeholders to support and/or guide, you possess a style that both complements the efforts and supports the needs of others.
What's Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- You have the chance to join a growing organization on the forefront of cutting edge issues.
- You have the opportunity to join a dynamic team of respected industry professionals, led by our president and chief executive officer, who has a high profile reputation as a leader in the transformation of the electric power sector.
- SEPA's organizational culture is one of the most highlighted items by our employees. We care about our employees and their development.
- You will be part of a team with a culture driven by these organizational values:
Attitude: Exude responsiveness and friendliness
Excellence: Deliver high quality work that members rave about
Ownership: Take personal responsibility for SEPA's success
Growth: Seek out and embrace opportunities to grow SEPA and yourself
Balance: Always examine all sides of an issue
Comradery: Work hard with the team and have fun with the team
Transparency: Communicate honestly, frequently, and openly
Apply on-line with cover letter, resume and salary requirements directly to Solar Electric Power Association. Applications without a cover letter or salary requirements will not be accepted.
Direct Applicants Only.
No search or placement firms.